The Athletics Show Archive
Take a browse through our archives.
- Episode 6 - Olympic Review
- The second half of the track and field at the London 2012 Olympic Games was stunning. We look back at Mo Farah winning double gold, David Rudisha's 800m world record, Usain Bolt retaining his 200m and Bolt's intention to play for Manchester United. Plus Renaud Lavillenie vaults to an Olympic record and Turkey take the women's 1500m title. 'Track chat' catches up with Team GB Games hero Mo Farah.
- Episode 5 - Olympic Fever
- The London 2012 Olympic Games has produced some stunning performances so far. Jason has been in the Olympic Stadium all week and so we bring you event review, comment and analysis. We look back at 'Super Saturday'. Usain Bolt retains his 100m title. Felix Sanchez surprises, Sally Pearson delivers and Christine Ohuruogu claims silver. Sally Pearson brings us her post race thoughts and Jason finds out how Jess Ennis recovers.
- Episode 4 - Olympic Games 2012 Preview
- The London 2012 Olympic Games track and field programme starts on Friday. We preview some of the most exciting events and Team GB athlete chances in the first part of the week including men's 100m, women's 400m, men's 400mH, men's 10000m, and women's Heptathlon. World marathon record holder Paula Radcliffe withdraws. 'Track chat' catches up with UK hammer record holder Sophie Hitchon. Jason is off to his 4th Olympics!
- Episode 3 - Air Lewis
- Steve Lewis soars to a new British pole vault record in Poland. We look back at the latest Samsung Diamond League in Monaco including a fast men's 1500m, some super speedy 'juniors' over 800m and 3000mS/C, and poor showings from Isinbayeva, Merritt and Kaki. Is Idowu in or out of London 2012? There's an IAAF rule change for false starts. Plus, we chat to heptathlete Louise Hazel about her last minute Olympic preparations.
- Episode 2 - Super Sayers
- The Aviva London Grand Prix at Crystal Palace saw Team GB rise to the occasion in the rain. New PSD PB. Sayers UK record and Christine O still on the up. Culson beats Greene and Aussie hitter Sally Pearson suffers rare 2012 defeat. A look back the World Junior Champs and a look forward to Samsung Diamond League this Friday in Monaco. There's 'I did not know that' and a triple Athletics Weekly cover star.
- Episode 1 - Is Bolt beatable?
- Team GB selection controversy as 11 track and field athletes appeal. Paralympic squad announced. The English Schools and World Junior Championships take place. Plus it's the Aviva London Grand Prix this weekend with many global stars appearing before the Olympics kick off. 60seconds with 800m runner Andrew Osagie. We bring you "I did not know that!" Plus, who is the cover star and is Bolt beatable?
Marathon Talk Clothing from Sweatshop
Please remember to use code 'MTALK26' when you order your Marathon Talk clothing through Sweathsop. This will help support the show.