Talk Ultra Archive
Take a browse through our archives.
- Episode 88 - Fejes Hawker Lawson
- Episode 88 of Talk Ultra and on this weeks show we speak with Scott Hawker about 2nd place at TNF100, we interview Joe Fejes about running 606.24 miles in 6 days and we speak with Dan Lawson about his record breaking 145 mile run at GUCR. The News, a Blog and Speedgoat Karl.
- Episode 87 - Forsberg Hose Wardian
- Episode 87 of Talk Ultra is all about Transvulcania with interviews with Emelie Forsberg and Blake Hose. We speak with Mike Wardian who set a treadmill 50k world record (again). The News, a Blog, Up and Coming Races and Niandi Carmont co hosts.
- Episode 86 - Browning Yates Cracknell Barnes
- We speak with Jeff Browning about vicrory at the controversial Ultrafijord. Michelle Yates provides a great Talk Training by discussing running and pregnancy. We also catch up with Elisabet Barnes and James Cracknell who ran impressive times at London Marathon. The News, a Blog, Up and Coming Races and Speed Golf Karl Meltzer is back!
- Episode 85 - MDS Special
- A MDS special with Niandi Carmont co-hosting and discussing her race in depth. We speak with ladies champ, Elisabet Barnes and Darren Grigas and Ian Knight tell us all about their races. Robbie Britton also joins us and provides an insight into his 3rd place at the IAU 24-hour champs. The News, Up and Coming races and hopefully some RnR.
- Episode 84 - Canaday Hawker Kimball
- Sage Canaday talks about coaching and training, Lizzy Hawker tells us all about her new book and Nikki Kimball talks TCC, fell running, her new film and racing in South Africa. Talk Training, the News, Up and Coming Races and Speedgoat.
- Episode 83 - Grinius, Murray, Campbell, Bragg
- We have a great interview with rising ultra star, Gediminas Grinius?. Dr Andrew Murray and Donnie Campbell? talk about their recent epic journey, Jez Bragg? talks about getting speed back and how he plans to tame the Dragon. Marc Laithwaite? is back in Talk Training, the News, a Blog, Up & Coming races and Niandi Carmont? joins me as co-host.
- Episode 82 - Cracknell Egloff Muir
- James Cracknell talking about the mind of an Olympian and how to succeed at endurance sports, Karl Egloff just set a FKT for Aconcagua, we have a full and in-depth interview. Ruby Muir had a troubled 2014 but turned it around topping the podium at Tararwera. News, Blog, Up & Coming Races and Talk Training.
- Episode 81 - Murphy Polyakova Zahab Laithwaite
- Mike Murphy talks about pushing to the limits (and beyond), Elena Polyakova talks about ultra running in Turkey and Ray Zahab fills us in on his last expedition. Marc Laithwaite returns for Talk Training. A Blog, Up and Coming Races, the News and Speedgoat Karl co-hosts.
- Episode 80 - Coleman, Arnstein, Koop, Hines
- Episode 80 of Talk Ultra has in interview with the UK’s Mr MDS, Rory Coleman. We speak with Hurt 100 winner and Fruitarian, Mike Arnstein. Jason Koop provides us with a fascinating Talk Training and Adventurer Mark Hines talks nutrition in relation to long distance races.
- Episode 79 - Amdahl Pascall Kimball
- We speak with HK100 2nd placed runner, Sondre Amdahl. We also speak to the female winner of the UK’s, The Spine?, Beth Pascall?. Nikki Kimball? discusses her incredible 2014. The News, a Blog, Up & Coming Races and Speedgoat Karl Meltzer?.
- Episode 78 - Fiennes, Ulrich, Macy, Tortorich
- Episode 78 of Talk Ultra celebrates its third anniversary with interviews with two legends, Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Marshall Ulrich. We speak to adventure racer turned ultra runner, Travis Macy and in Talk Training we chat with America’s Angriest Trainer, Vinnie Tortorich.
- Episode 77 - Greenwood, King, Grant, Maughan
- It’s our Christmas Special. Ian and Speedgoat Karl Meltzer discuss 2014 and some of our highlights. We have in depth interviews with Ellie Greenwood, Max King, Joe Grant and .Grant Maughan. HAPPY CHRISTMAS.
- Episode 76 - Olson, Lewis, Smith-Batchen, Don Wauchope
- We catch up interview with Lisa Smith Batchen on her Badwater Quad. We speak with Iain Don Wauchope about his record breaking Salomon SkyRun and we have two inspiring chats with Tina Lewis and Timmy Olson. The news, Up and Coming Races and Speedboat Karl.
- Episode 73 - Greyling, Robbins, Boettger, Skyrun
- We bring an interview with the ladies winner Landie Greyling. We also talk with the ladies 2nd place, Julia Boettger. Gary Robbins placed 2nd overall and discusses in-depth his race and co hosts the show. We bring sounds from Moketsi Game Ranch, experiences from Cape Town and talk Skyrun with Adrian Saffy and Michael de Haast.
- Episode 72 - Schlarb, Campbell, Rasmussen
- We have a full and in-depth interview with Jason Schlarb? after his recent 4th place at the 2014 UTMB. Donnie Campbell? talks about his running career and winning the recent 3x3 80km High Terrain Events? in the UK and Claus Rasmussen talk about running Spartathlon… in sandals. The News a Blog, UP & Coming Races and Speedgoat Karl Meltzer?.
- Episode 71 - Frost, Hawker, Draney, Warburton, Robson
- We speak to Frosty who ran her first 100-miler and won with a new CR. Ty Draney talks about his career, Caine Warburton discusses running in the Southern Hemisphere and the comparisons with Europe. Lizzy Hawker announces a race and Sam Robson talks Spartathlon. The News, a Blog, Up and Coming races and Speedgoat.
- Episode 70 - Meltzer, Doherty, Haugsnes, Schwarz-Lowe
- We speak with the winner of Superior 100, Adam Schwarz-Lowe, Eirik Haugsness talks Tromso Skyrace and Daniel Doherty tells us all about placing in the top-10 at Tor des Geants. Talk Training has part 2 of our Navigation 101 and we have the News, a Blog, Up & Coming Races and I am pleased to say… Speedgoat is back as co host with an in-depth chat on his AT attempt.
- Episode 69 - Jornet and De Gasperi
- we are recording live from a RV in the middle of Minneapolis. My co host is Kurt Decker from Twin Cities Running Co. This weeks interviews are quite special, we speak with Italian Mmountain running legend, Marco De Gaspreri and man of the moment, Kilian Jornet. The news a blog and the up and coming races
- Episode 68 - Campbell, Johnston, Sichel, Navigation101
- Adam Campbell talks about Hardrock 100 and that lightning strike. David Johnston discusses 6-days in the Dome. William Sichel tells us what it is like to run 3100-miles in 50-days and in Talk Training we discuss basic navigation. The News, a Blog, Up & Coming races and Niandi Carmont? co-hosts.
- Episode 67 - Martin-Consani, Fonn, Meek, Bottger
- We speak with Lakeland 100/50 winners, Debbie Martin Conasani and Jo Meek. We speak with Norwegian powerhouse, Torill Fonn about her recent world record for running 374.999km’s. Julia Böttger joins us for a catch up and tells us about her runningin Turkey and winning Ronda dels Cims. News, Blog, Up & Coming Races, Emelie Forsberg and Niandi Carmont joins us as co host.
- Episode 66 - Krar, Enman, Forbes, McGregor
- Rob Krar chats after his incredible Western States. Kasie Enman is on the comeback trail. Scott Forbes just this last weekend won Race to the Stones in the UK… a great result but Scott has an incredible story. In Talk Training we talk nutrition with Renee McGregor. The News, a Blog, Smile and Miles with Emelie Forsberg, Up and Coming Races and Pocket Rocket is back… Stevie Kremer.
- Episode 65 - Krupicka, Birkinshaw, Owens, Forsberg
- We speak with Anton Krupicka. Steve Birkinshaw recently set a new FKT for the Wainwrights. Brit Tommy Owens made the podium in the Skyrunning World Champs and Emelie Forsberg talks smilesandmiles, a website, news, up and coming races and Niandi Carmont co-hosts.
- Episode 64 - Smith Batchen, Perkins, Almeida, Rasmussen
- Lisa Smith-Batchen tells us all about her incredible career. Mark Perkins discusses his win and CR at SDW100. Ricardo Almeida gives us a minimalist viewpoint of Comrades. Claus Rasmussen discusses minimal running and tells us of an up and coming challnege and Marc Laithwaite is back in Talk Training. The News, a Blog, Up and Coming Races and of course, Speedgoat Karl.
- Episode 63 - Spinks, Williams, Meek, TAA
- We have a great interview with Queen of the Fells, Nicky Spinks. Morgan Williams all about the Bob Graham Round and we speak to Greg Felll from The African Attachment. We also catch up with Jo Kelsey (Meek) on that incredible 5th place at Comrades Marathon and in Talk Training, we speak about NSAID’s. The News, a Blog, Up & Coming races and Speedgoat Karl Meltzer is back from the wilderness….
- Episode 62 - Comrades, Wardian, Meek, Clark
- A Comrades Special show. We have a full and in-depth interview with Michael Wardian?. Live from Durban, we speak to Jo Kelsey? (Meek). Nick Clark joins us to discuss UTMF, WSER and the up and coming Salomon SkyRun South Africa. We have a ladies perspective on running with children in Talk Training. The News, a Blog and joining me as a special Comrades Marathon? co-host we have 2013 7th placed lady, Holly Rush?.
- Episode 61 - Frost, Gates, Haugsnes, de Haast, Forsberg, Kremer
- Anna Frost is back, Rickey Gates runs in the UK with Scott Jurek, Eirik D Haugsnes discusses his 2014 season and Emelie Forsberg is back in smilesandmiles. Michael de Haast, talks Salomon Skyrun and tells us about a great opportunity. The News, a Blog, Up and Coming Races and our favourite, Pocket Rocket, Stevie Kremer co-hosts the show.
- Episode 60 - Foote, Scotney, Meek, Britton, Spiers
- This weeks show has an interview with one of the best 'closers' in the ultra scene, Mike Foote?. We have a series of interviews from the Iznik Ultra series of races, Marcus Scotney? from the 130k, Jo Meek? from the 80k and Robbie Britton? from the marathon. We speak to British Bulldog, Steve Spiers. Marc Laithwaite? is back for Talk Training. News, a Blog, Up and Coming Races and of course, Speedgoat Karl Meltzer?
- Episode 59 - Marthon des Sables and Barkley Marathons
- Marathon des Sables and Barkley Marathons special. We have daily chats from the Sahara with top Brit and 5th overall, Danny Kendall. By contrast, we also have daily chats with actor, Bertie Portal who undertook the challenge of a lifetime at his first MDS. Barkley Marathons are infamous and we speak with rookie 'fun run' finisher Jamil Coury.
- Episode 58 - Sandes, Walton, Kendall, Portal, Rush
- Ryan Sandes talks the DrakTraverse and a new CR. Danny Kendall and actor, Bertie Portal talk the 29th edition of the Marathon des Sables. Our main interview is with 2nd place lady at Tarawera, Claire Walton. Holly Rush brings us an in-depth Comrades Talk Training, the News, a Blog, Up & Coming Races and Speedgoat.
- Episode 57 - Johnston, Greenwood, Desert Runners Movie, inov-8
- David Jonston talks ITI350, Ellie Greenwood talks Chuckanut 50 and her comeback from injury, Desert Runners Movie special w/ director Jennifer Steinman and featured runner, Samantha Gash, Team inov-8 talk from the UK athlete retreat, Emelie Forsberg has smilesandmiles, the News, a Blog, Up & Coming Races and of course Speedgoat.
- Episode 56 - Sandes, Jurek, Morgan, Chaigneau, Maciel, Kendall
- On this weeks show we have a Transgrancanaria special. We speak with Scott Jurek, Sebastien Chaigneau, Casey Morgan, 3rd place lady, Fernanda Maciel and we have an in-depth chat with race winner, Ryan Sandes. In addition, we have a chat with top Brit at the MDS, Danny Kendall who returns this year to hopefully move higher up the field. The news, a blog and of this week only, a new co-host, Niandi Carmont.
- Episode 54 - Gary Robbins & Vlad Ixel
- Gary Robbins once again returned to the tough and gnarly Hurt 100 and came away with another victory. HK100 took place just a couple of weeks ago and young Australian sensation, Vlad Ixel placed 3rd overall in a top quality field. Talk Training as 'Hint's n Tips for running from Speedgoat himsel, the News, a Blog, Up and Coming races.. another great show in store!
- Episode 53 - Paloncy, Scotney, Van De Merwe, Forsberg
- We speak with Pavel Paloncy who won the 268-mile event with a new course record and Marcus Scotney who won the 106-mile Challenger event. We also speak with South African long distance runner, Johan Van De Merwe about ultra running in South Africa and his new African 24-hour record. The News, a Blog, Talk Training, Up & Coming Races, Smiles and Miles and Speedgoat is back from the Love Boat!
- Episode 52 - Fejes, Slaughter, Steele, Kremer
- Joe Fejes recently won the Aravaipa Running 6-day event by clocking up 555+ miles. By contrast, we speak to UK runner Jon Steele who tackled ‘The Hill’ ultra. Gemma Slaughter, The Coastal Challenge winner from 2013 talks to us about her expectations as she prepares for the 2014 edition. Emelie Forsberg is back #smilesandmiles, Marc is with us for Talk Training and we have the lovely Stevie Kremer joining us as co host.
- Episode 51 - Bitter, Yates, Frost, Catmur
- We speak with the new 100-mile and 12-hour record holder Zach Bitter. A full and in-depth interview with femaale ultra runner of the year (?) Michele Yates. Anna Frost provides an insightful interview and we catch up with Ed Catmur. Speedgoat and Ian review the year, Talk Training with Marc Laithewaite, Amanda in a Year in the Life of! A big thank you for all the amazing support and downloads in 2013.
- Episode 50 -
- We speak to Brit, Pat ‘Paddy’ Robbins about running loooong and his joint 7th place overall at the 2013 Spartathlon. We speak to ne man on the ultra scene, Zach Miller. Zack ran his first ever 50-miler at JFK50. Talk Training is all about speed… yes folks, so if your listening to this show while running keep a little spare energy in reserve, you have a 22-minute speed session coming up. A blog, the news, up and coming races and of course Speedgoat
- Episode 49 - Team Redden, Tim Stevenson, Emelie Forsberg
- We speak with 'Team Redden' about running and the incredible story of how mum, Sabrina and Teagan (aged 8yrs) tackled 100km's. In depth chat with David and Katharine who ran 5000 miles across South America. Tim Stevenson joins us for a special Talk Training on Strength and conditioning. Emelie Forsberg is back for Smiles and Miles.
- Episode 48 - Jones, Maciel, Sleuyter, Lupton
- The sounds and an insight from Nepal. An interview with Everest Trail Race ladies winner and 2nd overall, Fernanda Maciel. We catcth up with Brit, Anna Lupton, Steven Sleuyter talks multiday racing and the Grand to Grand Ultra, we have a main interview with Dakota Jones and in Talk Training we have a special guest, Trevor Prior who discusses feet. The news, a blog and up and coming races.
- Episode 47 - Bowman, Abdelnoor, Hill, Forsberg
- We speak with Dylan Bowman, Lakeland 50 winner, Ben Abdelnoor and we catch up with Tessa Hill who has just had a very succesful season on the Skyrunning circuit. Emelie Forsberg talks Diagonale des Fous in Smiles and Miles, Marc Laithwaite talks winter in Talk Training. We have the News, a Blog, Up and Coming races and Speedgoat talks golf…
- Episode 46 - Howe, Lightfoot, Bethell, Forsberg
- We have an interview with Speedgoat 50k winner and 2nd place at UROC, Stephanie Howe. Brit fell running sensation, Ricky Lightfoot talks about his progression to ultra. Anthony Bethell provides an insight into his first year participating in the Skyrunning season from an everyday runners perspective. Marc Talks Training. Emelie Smiles and Miles. The news, a blog, up and coming races and Speedgoat is back!
- Episode 45 - Wyatt, Krar, Forsberg, Kremer
- We have a great interview with a legend of Mountain running, Jonathan Wyatt. We speak to man of the moment, Rob Krar who has had an incredible 2013. The news, a blog, up and coming races, Smiles and Miles and this week we have no Speedgoat… however, we do have a Talk Ultra favorite, Stevie Kremer joining us to host the show!
- Episode 44 - Sharman, Hollon, Clark, Clayton
- We have an interview with Nickademus Hollon who just placed 7th overall at Tor des Geants. We have an in-depth chat with Ian Sharman. We also speak to Nick Clark in his regular Grand Slam slot, Clarky’s Corner. We speak to Brit, Emma Clayton about her silver medal in the WMRA worlds in Poland. The news, Talk Training, a blog, up and coming races and of course, Speedgoat Karl.
- Episode 43 - Jornet, Krupicka, Grant, Bragg, Bosio, Picas
- We have an extended and in-depth interview with Kilian Jornet about his Matterhorn Summit record. We have a selection of audio from the TNFUTMB – Rory Bosio, Anton Krupicka, Joe Grant, Nuria Picas and Jez Bragg. We speak to Jo Meek who placed 2nd lady at MDS and what the future holds for her. We have Talk Training, the News a blog, smiles and miles with Emelie Forsberg and of course, Mr Speedgoat.
- Episode 42 - Jurek, Maciel, Zahab, Forsberg
- We speak to Fernanda Maciel as she prepares for the up and coming CCC and Everest Trail Race. Ray Zahab has inspired many a runner and we chat to him about his career. We have a chat with Scott Jurek and Nick Clark about Leadville. Smiles and Miles with Emelie Forsberg, Talk Training, the News, a Blog and the up and coming races. It’s another packed show!
- Episode 41 - Kremer, Clark, Mills, Whitehead
- We speak to Stevie Kremer 12 months on after she burst on the Skyrunning scene with a 2nd at Sierre-Zinal. We have 15 mins of fame with double leg amputee, Richard Whitehead. An interview with Lakeland 100 winner, Stuart Mills. A catch up with Nick Clark on the Grand Slam of ultra. Smiles and Miles with Emelie Forsberg. The news, a blog, up and coming races. Marc is back for Talk Training and of course, Speedgoat co hosts!
- Episode 40 - De Gasperi, Jornet, Air, Forsberg
- Chat with Marco De Gasperi on the finish line at the Dolomites Skyrace. A catch up with Kilian Jornet. We introduce ‘smilesandmiles’ with Emelie Forsberg. We have an interview with Brit, Stuart Air about his 13th placing at Ronda dels Cims and for one show only, Philipp Reiter is my co host!
- Episode 39 - Nikki Kimball, Nick Clark, Alex Nichols, Florian Reichert
- Nick Clark returns for Clarky’s Corner. We have an interview with Ultra Running legend, Nikki Kimball about her running career and another podium finish at Western States. Alex Nichols talks Mont Blanc Marathon and in Talk Training we speak with Florian Reichert about the transition from road running to trail and mountains.
- Episode 38 - Cooper, Campbell, Draney, Canepa
- Episode 38 of Talk Ultra is all about Ronda dels Cims. We discuss the race and have interviews 'live' from Andorra with 3rd place Matt Cooper, 7th place Jared Campbell, 8th place Ty Draney and the ladies winner Francesca Canepa. Speedgoat talks Western States, we have a special Talk Training with Jez Bragg and we have the up and coming races for the next two weeks.
- Episode 37 - Rob Krar, Holly Rush, Ellie Greenwood, Nick Clark
- Rob Krar talks to us about his running history, his Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim run and what his expectations are for Western States. Holly Rush talks marathon running and Comrades. Ellie Greenwood is on Talk Training and provides an insight into running injuries. Nick Clark joins us for a reguar slot as he attempts the 'Grand Slam'. We have the news, a year in the life of, and we find out: You know you are an ultra runner when… ?
- Episode 36 - Ultrapedestrian Ras, Calitz, Kremer, Davies, Cardelli, Browy
- Stevie Kremer and AJ Calitz talk to us from Zegama-Aizkorri. We speak to Brendan Davies and Beth Cardelli respective winners from TNF100 in Australia. An inspirational 15 minutes of fame with Eric Browy, Talk Training is about Knees with Mitch from StrideUK. Our interview is with UltraPedestrian Ras. Speedgoat (Karl Meltzer) is back, we have a blog, the news and of course, the up and coming races.
- Episode 35 - Jornet, Forberg, Canaday, Olson, Clayton, James
- It’s all about Transvulcania! We have a special co host, Anna Frost. We have post race interviews with the men’s winner, Kilian Jornet. The ladies winner, Emelie Forsberg. We catch up with 3rd, Sage Canaday, 4th, Timothy Olson, 7th place, Cameron Clayton and top 50, Dave James. In addition we have a blog, 15 minutes of fame, Talk Training, up and coming races and of course the news.
- Episode 34 - Hollon, Hicks, Davies & Stephenson
- We speak to 22 year old Nick Hollon who just recently finished the infamous Barkley Marathon. We catch up with Natalie White from Inov-8. We have chat with Ozzies Brendan Davies and Shona Stepehenson who placed 5th and 2nd respectively at UTMF in Japan. Talk Training we speak to Mitch from Stride UK. We speak to Chris Mills in 15 mins of fame. Blog, News, Up and Coming Races and of course, Speedgoat.
- Episode 33 - MDS Special & Adam Campbell
- This weeks show honours the injured and fallen at Boston Marathon. We have daily chat from the Marathon des Sables (Tobias Mews, Danny Kendall and Stuart Rae) bivouac and interviews with top placed Brits, Danny Kendall and Jo Meek. We interview Arc'teryx athlete, Adam Campbell. We discuss Mojo in Talk Training with Niandi Carmont, we have 'A year in the life of...' a Blog, Speedgoat, the News and 'Up & Coming Races'.
- Episode 32 - Richard BOWLES Dr Phil MAFFETONE
- Speedgoat makes it 35 at Antelope 100... Richard Bowles is about to embark on another journey! Talk Training with Dr Phil Maffetone. A catch up with Mike Wardian on recovery and racing. We have a 'Year in the life of', the last episode of our MDS' build up, 15 mins of Fame with Tony Di Giovani, the News, Up and Coming Races and a Meltzer Moment.
- Episode 31 - Joe Grant & Ruby Muir
- Joe Grant tells us all about his experiences at the 350m ITI in Alaska. Run sensation, Ruby Muir from New Zealand tells us what it's like dominating Tarawera Ultra.. Talk w/ Daniel Rowlands & Rebecca Pattinson, respective winners of the Atacama Crossing in Chile. Ian Sharman discusses the News, Marc Laithwaite talks hills , Speedgoat has a Meltzer Moment and we have A year in the life of, MDS special and the Up & Coming Races.
- Episode 30 - Owens, Reiter, Bottger
- We bring you interviews with Philipp Reiter and Julia Bottger from Gran Canaria. We have a main interview with Brit, Tom Owens. Talk Training is about nutrition and was recorded live with an audience in Lanzarote. We have all the usual features, the news, up and coming races, 'A Year in the life of...' our MDS special, Speedgoat Karl and of course the up and coming races.
- Episode 29 - Gary Robbins, Jez Bragg, Catra Corbett, Joe Grant
- Gary Robbins tells us what it's like to return to not only win Hurt 100 but to set a new CR. Jez Bragg tells us about completing Te Araroa. Joe Grant says goodbye. Colourful Catra Corbett tells us about drugs, alcohol, running, tattoos, clothes and Truman. In addition to all that, we also have... phew; Talk Training, 'A year in the life off...', Marathon des Sables special, Meltzer Moment, Races and the News.
- Episode 55 - Wardian, Meek, Clark, Johnston
- The Coastal Challenge special with an interview with male winner, Michael Wardian. Jo Meek, ladies overall winner and Nick Clark. We have an interview with the 2013 ITI350 winner and recent Susitna 100 winner and new course record holder, David Johnston. A special Talk Training on nutrition specific to Marathon des Sables with Rin Cobb (PND Consulting). Emelie Forsberg for smilesandmiles, the News and Speedgoat Karl Meltzer.
- Episode 28 - Geoff Roes & Emelie Forsberg
- We interview Geoff Roes winner of the 2012 Western States and star of Unbreakable. We catch up with Emelie Forsberg. On Talk Training we discuss Kinesiology taping with Paul Coker. We have A Year in the Life of..., part 2 of our MDS special, the News, a Blog, a Meltzer Moment and the Up & Coming races.
- Episode 27 - Canaday, Grant & James
- Sage Canaday tells us about how he got into running and all about his transition to ultra. Joe Grant gives us an update on the 350 mile Iditarod Trail Invitational in Alaska. We speak to Dave James who had a win at Coldwater Rumble recently. We have talk tainining, a year in the life of, the news, a blog, a Meltzer Moment, up and coming races and we have a new special on the 2013 Marathon des Sables.
- Episode 26 - Wardian, JourneyFilm, Bragg
- Our main interview is with TNF athlete, Mike Wardian. We speak with inspirational film makers and ultra runners, JB & Jennifer Benna from JourneyFilm. Live from the Te Araoratrail in New Zealand we speak with TNFathlete, Jez Bragg. We have ‘A year in the life of…‘, Talk Training, A Meltezer Moment, the News, a blog post, 15mins of fame and of course the up and coming races.
- Episode 25 - The Christmas Special
- MERRY CHRISTMAS. A super stacked festive show with some incredible stars of 2012. Our show includes interviews with Ellie Greenwood, Timothy Olson, Western States RD Craig Thornley, Ryan Sandes and Lizzy Hawker. We announce the winners of 'A Year inthe life of...'. Talk Training is about heart rate training and Karl, Ian Sharman and myself review the year. Merry Christmas to you all and thank you for making 2012 a great year!
- Episode 24 - William Sichel
- We have an extended interview with ultra running legend, William Sichel. William, who is now 59 years old has been setting records and winning ultra long races for years. In Talk Training we discuss overtraining and highlight some of the warning signs. Speedgoat Karl joins us and we have a Meltzer Moment. We have a blog, discuss the news and mention the up and coming races and Christmas is less than two week away!
- Episode 23 - Max King, Brendan Davies, Stevie Kremer
- We speak to man of the moment Max King after his incredible wins at UROC and JFK50. Oz fast man, Brendan Davies talks about the ultra scene down under and his win at GNW100. Pocket Rocket Stevie Kremer tells us what it's like to move from the US to Italy and race at the highest level. Talk Training is about run shoes. We have the news, a blog, up and coming races and of course Speedgoat Karl Meltzer
- Episode 22 - Mike Wolfe, Jez Bragg & Linda Doke
- A main interview with TNF athlete Mike Wolfe on his transition from lawyer to full time ultra runner. Jez Bragg inspires us and provided a 'coup' at a TNF press conference in London. Salomon runner and 'Saffa' Linda Doke tells us all about the super tough and iconic 100 miler Diagonale des Fous (Raid de la Reunion). Talk Training has pt2 on run technique, we have the news, a blog by Frosty, up and coming races and of course Speedgoat joins us.
- Episode 21 - Andy Symonds
- Our interview this week is with Salomon athlete, Andy Symonds. We have chat with Marathon des Sables RD Patrick Bauer and we catch up with ISF Executive Director, Lauri Van Houten at the end of the Skyrunning season. Talk Training has Pt1 of a 2 part discussion on run technique and Speedgoat gives us his Good, Bad & Ugly. We have a blog, the news and up and coming races.... oh, and don't mention my knees!
- Episode 20 - Hutchison, Le Roux
- We speak to Speedgoat all about Grindstone 100. Chat from the Royal Parks ultra with Dimitrios and Silvia. Niandi Carmont catches up with inspirational ultra runner, Mavis Hutchison. Mike Le Roux tells us all about the Grand Slam of ultra. Ian Sharman discusses the news and Marc Laithwaite discusses 'winter' in Talk Training. We have a blog for you and of course the up and coming races. Plus the Good, Bad and Ugly with Speedgoat Karl.
- Episode 19 - Conway Murray Grant Frost & Krupicka
- We honour Teresa Farriol, catch up with Ian Sharman. Chat to Terry Conway pre Cavalls discuss Paleo with Barry Murray and interview Joe Grant, Anna Frost and Tony Krupicka after the Skyrunning Cavalls del Vent. We have blogs, races and an unusual Meltzer Moment.
- Episode 18 - Morton, Noakes, Meltzer & Karnazes
- A stellar show with chat and an interview with Run Rabbit Run winner and all time ultra legend, Karl Meltzer. A catch up with Mike Morton on Badwater and that incredible 24 hour. Prof Tim Noakes discusses 'hydration' in Talk Training and I interview Dean Karnazes. We also have news, blogs and up and coming races. Our best show yet...? Maybe!
- Episode 17 - Trofeo Kima & UTMB
- Karl Meltzer joins Ian as co host. We have interviews from Trofeo Kima and UTMB. We speak to Kilian Jornet, Emelie Forsberg, Andy Symonds, Nuria Picas and Philipp Reiter at Kima. Interviews with the Vibram Trail Running Team - Francesca Canepa, Ronan Moalic, Beppe Marazzi and David Gatti at UTMB, finally we speak to Mike Foote and UTMB winners Francois D'Haene and Lizzy Hawker plus,Talk Training, News and up and coming races.
- Episode 16 - Samantha Gash
- On the show we speak to South African Linda Doke in Zinal, we catch up with Terry Conway from the UK and break some great news upon the ultra world. Ian Sharman joins the show for the news and Talk Training is back. Our interview is with Australian, Samantha Gash and Speedgoat Karl chews the ultra fat in a Meltzer Moment. We mention three blogs, discuss the up and coming races and get ready for UTMB.
- Episode 15 - Devon Crosby-Helms
- What a show! We have Mike Wolfe co host the show and give us his own insight into the ultra world. We have in depth interviews on the Lakeland 50 & 100 in the UK, we interview Fast Foodie, Devon Crosby-Helms and Speedgoat Karl tells us all about the Speedgoat 50k in a Meltzer Moment. We review the news and tell you what races are coming up.
- Episode 14 - Hal Koerner
- The news is stacked with some incredible performances. We interview the winner of Hardrock 100 and legend of the sport, Hal Koerner. Speedgoat Karl tells us about about fighting the sleep monster and previews Speedgoat 50k. On 15 mins of fame we talk to a mix of runners who are taking part in the Lakeland 50/100 and we preview up and coming races.
- Episode 13 - Mimi Anderson
- Ian has been in the Pyrenees with Arc'teryx and had the opportunity to catch up with Arc'teryx/ Salomon athlete Adam Campbell, we discuss the latest ultra news with Ian Sharman, Karl Meltzer discusses Hardrock 100 in a Meltzer Moment and our interview is with the lady who personifies pink and ultra running, Marvellous Mimi Anderson. We wind up the show with up and coming races and Ian is getting ready for the Lakeland 50.
- Episode 12 - Timothy Olson
- Wow! Western States what a race. This show is all things Western States... we speak to Ellie Greenwood, Nick Clark, Ian Sharman, Karl Meltzer and our main interview is with the outright winner and course record holder, Timothy Olson. We also have Talk Training, news and up and coming races. Also, fancy running a fast mile... ?
- Episode 11 - Jez Bragg
- Ian has been running with a light saber, Ian Sharman discusses the news. Our main interview is with Jez Bragg just before he heads out to America. Karl gives us a Meltzer Moment, we discuss race day nutrition in Talk Training and on 15 minutes of fame we talk to Dean and Greg from The African Attachment. We recommend three blogs and we shout out about some up and coming races.
- Episode 10 - Scott Jurek
- IanC is recovering from the Canaraies and Pyrenees. We have quick post Zegama chats with Tom Owens, Emelie Forsberg & Lauren Jeska, Ian Sharman discusses the news, We talk Hydration in Talk Training. We interview Scott Jurek. Arthur Webb talks Badwater. Speedgoat gives us his Good, Bad and Ugly and we tell you what is coming up...
- Episode 9 - Transvulcania La Palma
- Interviews with Dakota Jones, Anna Frost, Joe Grant, Nikki Kimball, Mike Wolfe and Tony Krupicka. My guest co host for the show is Marcus Warner from Ultra168. We discuss the race, what it's like to hang out with the best in the world and also what it's like to run with them. We preview this weekends race, Zegama and we also have some surprise audio..... with Kilian Jornet.
- Episode 8 - Comrades Special
- A show decicated to the Comrades Ultra Marathon in South Africa. We have interviews with Bruce Fordyce, Ellie Greenwood, Steve Williams, Caspar Greeff, Nicolaas Claassen and Zola Budd. In addition we bring you news and results from around the world, our current favourite blogs, Talk Training with the Ten Commandments of Ultra Running a Meltzer Moment with Speedgoat Karl and of course up and coming races.
- Episode 7 - Mike Morton
- Ian C raced the Iznik Ultra in Turkey, Ian S is snow boarding. News from around the world, audio from RD, Caner at the Iznik Ultra, we speak to Ilgaz who hosts a podcast in Turkey. Blogs, we interview Mike Morton. We introduce a new segment to our show called Talk Training. A Meltzer Moment with Speedgoat Karl, Ultralegends with Phil Essam, 15 minutes of fame, we round of the show with up and coming races.
- Episode 6 - Ellie Greenwood
- In this weeks show... we tip our hats to Caballo Blanco, news & results. An update from James Adams on Barkley, we speak to Richard Bowles just before he departed on a 5 month journey. Three blogs. Our interview is with female speedster, Ellie Greenwood. Ultralegends, A Meltzer Moment, who won a pair of Hoka One One? 15 min of Fame with Jo Zakrzewski. What races are coming up and we fill you in on what we are up to!
- Episode 5 - MDS Special (Part One)
- This weeks show includes an interview with Race Director and Race Creator Patrick Bauer. We also interview top Brit, Jen Salter who placed 3rd female overall in 2010. In addition to this we have news from around the world, a Meltzer Moment and up and coming races. This is part one of a two part show.
- Episode 5 - MDS Special (Part Two) The Interviews
- This is part two of our MDS special and includes five seamless interviews with Patrick Bauer, Terri Handy, Mark Gillett, Jen Salter and Didier LeMalvoyant Des Sables.
- Episode 5 - MDS Special (Part Two) The Interviews
- This is Part Two of our Marathon des Sables special and includes five seamless interviews - Patrick Bauer, Terri Handy, Mark Gillett, Jen Salter and Didier LeMalvoyant des Sables
- Episode 4 - David Horton
- In this weeks show... we have news from around the world, an interview with ultra legend, David Horton, Ultralegends with Phil Essam, a Meltzer Moment with Speedgoat Karl and 15 min of fame with Chris Bairstow
- Episode 3 - Anna Frost
- It's a whopping show at 2:19 hrs, so, start planning your long runs this weekend.... On this weeks show we catch up with Tom Dennis running around the world, we speak to Shane Ohly on his Ramsey Round attempt and we interview Anna Frost. Phil Essam gives us an Ultralegends, Speedgoat Karl tells us his Good, Bad and Ugly and our 15 mins of fame is UK ultra runner Mark Cockbain
- Episode 2 - Gordy Ainsleigh
- Gordy Ainsleigh - In 1974, Ainsleigh was the first to run the course of the Western States Endurance Run. At the time, the trail was used only by horses participating in the 24-hour Western States Trail Ride. When his horse went lame prior to the race, Ainsleigh decided he would run the torturous 100 miles (160 km) of mountain trail. This was the beginning of the Western States Endurance Run.
- Episode 1 - Ryan Sandes
- Welcome to the first show of Talk Ultra hosted by Ian Corless & Ian Sharman. We will bring news, reviews and interviews from around the ultra world.
Marathon Talk Clothing from Sweatshop
Please remember to use code 'MTALK26' when you order your Marathon Talk clothing through Sweathsop. This will help support the show.