Talk Ultra Interviews
Take a browse through our archives.
- Comrades Marathon Special
- This is a special edition show. We outline the race and its history and then we interview a selection of people to provide a feel of what makes this race so special. Interviews include: Bruce Fordyce, Zola Budd, Casper Greef, Steve Williams and Nicolas Classen
- Adam Campbell
- A former member of the Canadian National Triathlon and Duathlon teams, in 2006 Adam decided to shed the extra gear and rely solely on his running shoes to get around. Adam’s new belief is: if you are going to be suffering, you might as well suffer somewhere beautiful!
- Anna Frost
- New Zealand born Anna Frost is a Salomon sponsored athlete and a lover of the mountains. She loves going up and loves coming down. In 2012 she is branching out into the ultra distances and had a superb win at the Transvulcania La Palma the first of the Skyrunning ultra series.
- Arthur Webb
- 70 year old Arthur Webb has run Badwater Ultra Marathon 14 times. In 2012 we caught up with him before he want back to Death Valley for the 15th attempt.
- Billy Isherwood
- ....his life was about to change in a dramatic way and eventually lead him seven thousand miles away to Chile South America as he took part in one of the worlds most extreme desert marathons The Atacama Desert.
- Chris Bairstow
- Chris is a cinematographer, whether shooting documentaries or drama, he makes visually and emotionally engaging films, so that the audience can fully immerse themselves in the world of the story and characters. Chris worked on the legendary 1995 Western States filming Ann Trason and Tarahumara Indians.
- Trofeo Kima - Pre Race Interviews
- Pre race interviews with Andy Symonds, Emelie Forsberg and Kilian Jornet at the Trofeo Kima. Part of the Skyrunniing series in Val Masino, Italy.
- Marco de Gaspri finish line, Sierre Zinal
- Marco wins Sierre Zinal here is what he had to say
- Lizzy Hawker post Sierre Zinal
- Lizzy Haker post Sierre Zinal
- Marco de Gasperi
- Marco de Gasperi interviewed live the day before the classic Sierre Zinal race
- David Horton
- David grew up like many of you did - playing team sports (basketball and football). In college he played a little basketball and ran one season of track and cross-country. In the next several years, he got married, had two kids, exercised sporadically, gained 15-20 pounds, and eventually went back to graduate school. In the spring of 1977, he began running again, starting out with 3 miles (it nearly killed him to run that far).
- Ryan Sandes
- Ryan Sandes really needs no introduction. South African born he is an incredible multi-stage runner and set the running world on fire with his wins in the five deserts. He won Leadville 100 in 2011, he placed 2nd at Western States 100 in 2012 breaking the old course record and has just set a new record for the Fish River Canyon in Namibia. You can read about his achievements here