Marathon Talk Community House Rules
As a running community we encourage everyone, regardless of ability, to take part and contribute towards Marathon Talk. You don't have to have done a marathon to be part of the Marathon Talk community. Just a passion for running and a friendly attitude.
To maintain a vibrant and friendly community within Marathon Talk we have created a few house rules:
- Fullname registration. When you register on the website, and any posts or contributions you make to the site, are to be posted under your fullname. We believe this is important for open and honest discussions and will hopefully stop people posting offensive or antagonising content and hiding behind a psuedo-name.
- Keep your contributions civil, tasteful and relevant.
- No defamatory comments. A defamatory comment is one that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation.
- Do not post content which you've copied from someone else and don't own the copyright.
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, homophobic or racially offensive.
- No swearing. People of all ages read and contribute to Marathon Talk. Please don't use profanities or other words which might offend them.
- No spamming or flooding. Don't repost the same message, or very similar messages, more than once.
- No personal information. Please do not publicise your or anyone else's contact details including address, telephone or mobile number, email address, etc. This is for your own safety and that of everyone who uses this website.
- Keep your posts relevant. Each topic is about a particular issue. Posts which aren't relevant lower the value of the topic for everyone and may be removed.
- No capital letters. This is internet shorthand for raising your voice. You can make your point perfectly well in lower case so please take the caps lock off.
Marathon Talk Moderation
We are keen that the Marathon Talk community moderate the content that is posted to this website. Consequently, against each post, you will see a "Report this post" link (you will have to be logged into the website to see this link). If any one post gets 5 "Reports" from the Marathon Talk community for breaking house rules then it will automatically be removed. You can only "report" each post once.
In addition to the above, there are a few moderators who are able to delete posts instantly if they feel they break the house rules.
If any post is removed by the community or by a moderator it will be noted on the forum where the post has been removed but you will not be able to see the content of this post.
Above all, please enjoy and contribute constructively towards the Marathon Talk community and spread the word to the wider running world.
Marathon Talk Clothing from Sweatshop
Please remember to use code 'MTALK26' when you order your Marathon Talk clothing through Sweathsop. This will help support the show.