In short: The first time I had run 24hours in short bursts, completely bonkers experience. Amazing camaraderie with runners, Proud!
In full: My first 24 hour race, Well organised. We set off as a cobbled group of 8 Team experienced runners all coming back from lots of not training for various reasons. So we took our Sons with us to run too (18) !
No plan, just lots of food, excitement and fun. My son took the first leg and won!! 35mins, oh I felt worried thinking Danny it's a long long night! Next Son 38 mIns, then me 48 , Mum 2 48, then the Dads from 39 -48!
Crikey we got on the leaderboard, top 10 we couldn't believe it!! We all stepped up in the night Danny continued to put in 35, then his last 10K 38 at 5.45.am Finished 9th, Won the fastest leg , Sprint challenge 3rd and the cobbled group of Mums and Dads limped off........who knew!!
Episode 125 - Jason Hartmann
Released: Wednesday 30th May 2012
Boston 2012 4th placer Jason Hartmann is on the show. There's news from the Edinburgh Marathon including a chat with Hayley Haining. Haile runs his final track 10000m. Mo and Mara take top spots in the Bupa London 10000. 50,000 people run in Boulder. An almighty Kenyan smack down is set for this weekend in Oregon. Tony brings us weekly trials. You have a rant. The podium is full and we talk heart rates with Dr Garry Palmer.
- Darren Cook where were you!?
- Too hot for the Madison Marathon (USA). Race called off due to the heat.
- The Endurancelife Real Relay. Want to follow the Olympic Torch around the UK. Join the team at Endurancelife to do just that! They are looking for runners to make up an amazing team to cover 8000m. More details and join in HERE.
- Tom loves dogs. Check out this stray jog that covered 1700km in an ultra in China! (BBC)
17:35 - NEWS
- What happened at Scotlands biggest and best marathon? The Edinburgh Marathon Festival.
- We chat to 3rd placed woman in Edinburgh Hayley Haining.
- Haile G runs his final track 10000m in Hengelo at the FBK Games. It's not fast enough for the Ethiopian Olympic team for London 2012. (Ethiosports)
- Mo and Mara win the Bupa London 10000m (IAAF)
- The amazing Bolder Boulder was this past Memorial weekend in Boulder, CO, USA. (Daily Camera)
- Samsung Diamond League - Pre Classic is this weekend in Eugene, Oregon. The 5k mens is loaded. Mo V Bekele. The Kenyan mens 10000m trial takes place too! (Runnerspace)
44:40 - TONY'S TRIALS
45:30 - TRAINING TALK - with Dr Garry Palmer
How best to use a heart rate monitor in your running training.
Have a look at Garry's website Sportstest.
01:05:30 - INTERVIEW WITH BOSTON MARATHON 2012 4th PLACER JASON HARTMANN
01:37:42 - RANT. FAT JENNIS
Petra Duguid rants about crazy comments.
01:38:45 - MARATHON TALK LAUNCHPAD
Where are you running?
01:44:45 - CLOSE
00:48:0127th July 2015 10:19:08
Marathon Talk Clothing from Sweatshop
Please remember to use code 'MTALK26' when you order your Marathon Talk clothing through Sweathsop. This will help support the show.