A great Saturday morning run out. A bit windy and wet feet...but that's just normal now.
Episode 125 - Jason Hartmann
Released: Wednesday 30th May 2012
Boston 2012 4th placer Jason Hartmann is on the show. There's news from the Edinburgh Marathon including a chat with Hayley Haining. Haile runs his final track 10000m. Mo and Mara take top spots in the Bupa London 10000. 50,000 people run in Boulder. An almighty Kenyan smack down is set for this weekend in Oregon. Tony brings us weekly trials. You have a rant. The podium is full and we talk heart rates with Dr Garry Palmer.
- Darren Cook where were you!?
- Too hot for the Madison Marathon (USA). Race called off due to the heat.
- The Endurancelife Real Relay. Want to follow the Olympic Torch around the UK. Join the team at Endurancelife to do just that! They are looking for runners to make up an amazing team to cover 8000m. More details and join in HERE.
- Tom loves dogs. Check out this stray jog that covered 1700km in an ultra in China! (BBC)
17:35 - NEWS
- What happened at Scotlands biggest and best marathon? The Edinburgh Marathon Festival.
- We chat to 3rd placed woman in Edinburgh Hayley Haining.
- Haile G runs his final track 10000m in Hengelo at the FBK Games. It's not fast enough for the Ethiopian Olympic team for London 2012. (Ethiosports)
- Mo and Mara win the Bupa London 10000m (IAAF)
- The amazing Bolder Boulder was this past Memorial weekend in Boulder, CO, USA. (Daily Camera)
- Samsung Diamond League - Pre Classic is this weekend in Eugene, Oregon. The 5k mens is loaded. Mo V Bekele. The Kenyan mens 10000m trial takes place too! (Runnerspace)
44:40 - TONY'S TRIALS
45:30 - TRAINING TALK - with Dr Garry Palmer
How best to use a heart rate monitor in your running training.
Have a look at Garry's website Sportstest.
01:05:30 - INTERVIEW WITH BOSTON MARATHON 2012 4th PLACER JASON HARTMANN
01:37:42 - RANT. FAT JENNIS
Petra Duguid rants about crazy comments.
01:38:45 - MARATHON TALK LAUNCHPAD
Where are you running?
01:44:45 - CLOSE
03:40:5017th February 2014 22:34:30
In short: Wet,windy,cold but great event.Husband(Jon)and I finished before race cancelled due to severe weather approaching.Negative splits by 3 min!
In full: 2nd place age group award also. Three pound medal will make a nice trivet. Hills,dropping temps,rain, and pit stop in the 2nd half, and still rain 3 minute negative splits. Ran with out 3 pound medals to the hotel (that was a challenge), hot shower, mad dash to airport. Little Rock course would have been very scenic on a nice day. Wonderful volunteers and spectators. It was a hard run for us but also not an easy day to be a volunteer or spectator. A big thank you to all of the supportors who came out!
2nd March 2014 20:11:52
Marathon Talk Clothing from Sweatshop
Please remember to use code 'MTALK' when you order your Marathon Talk clothing through Sweathsop. This will help support the show.