In short: The first time I had run 24hours in short bursts, completely bonkers experience. Amazing camaraderie with runners, Proud!
In full: My first 24 hour race, Well organised. We set off as a cobbled group of 8 Team experienced runners all coming back from lots of not training for various reasons. So we took our Sons with us to run too (18) !
No plan, just lots of food, excitement and fun. My son took the first leg and won!! 35mins, oh I felt worried thinking Danny it's a long long night! Next Son 38 mIns, then me 48 , Mum 2 48, then the Dads from 39 -48!
Crikey we got on the leaderboard, top 10 we couldn't believe it!! We all stepped up in the night Danny continued to put in 35, then his last 10K 38 at 5.45.am Finished 9th, Won the fastest leg , Sprint challenge 3rd and the cobbled group of Mums and Dads limped off........who knew!!
Episode 31 - Chris Thompson (part one)
Released: Wednesday 11th August 2010
Only three British runners have ever broken 27:30 for 10,000 metres and Chris Thompson is one of them... in the first of our two part interview we talked to Chris about the early days and dealing with and then overcoming injury. Martin's still in Annecy, Tom's putting his feet up and we talk all about running.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been standing on podiums, giving up meat and being getting inspired (his blog)
- Martin's been running and riding round the Alps... disconnected!
05:48 - News
- The girls take the lead in the Marathon Talk Smackdown Challenge (LINK)
- Marathon Talk community rate their weekend runs (see this week's image, above)
- Usain Bolt doesn't win! (bbc.co.uk)
- Chris Solinsky runs 12:55 (running.competitor.com)
- Check out this video of Solinsky's 26:59 10,000 metres (HERE)
- Tristan Miller is running like crazy... (runlikecrazy.com)
- Thanks to Teresa Griffiths we now have a Marathon Talk Magic Mile league table (LINK)
- Results from Siberia and the Arctic (marathonguide.com)
- Mara Yamauchi to run great up north (guardian.co.uk)
11:40 - The Road to Chicago
- We catch up with Liz in Lake Annecy and see how she's preparing for the Smackdown!
17:20 - Training Talk
- Sometimes it helps to step back, forget about times for a while and think about the bigger picture.
27:35 - Rant & Rave
- Martin rants about trail ettiquette
- Tom raves about not having to do anything :)
00:00 - Interview - Chris Thompson - Part One
- This year Chris has run the 3rd fastest 10,000m of all time by a British Athlete (27:29) and won an amazing silver medal in the European 10,000m track championships.
- In part one of our interview with Chris we talk about the early days, the tough times and building foundations for the future.
- Tune in next week to hear all about his magic 2010
1:06:20 - Question of the Week
- How should I pace the City to Surf Marathon?
- Should I get up in time for breakfast?
1:13:38 - Winner of the Week
- People getting out of their comfortable comfort zone!
1:14:25 - Close
- Martin's sticking up for the boys and taking on Liz over 5.7 French miles
- Tom's off to spend time with his friends and family :)
00:48:0127th July 2015 10:19:08
Marathon Talk Clothing from Sweatshop
Please remember to use code 'MTALK26' when you order your Marathon Talk clothing through Sweathsop. This will help support the show.