This is the 'Foose your legs' episode of Tony's Trials if you're looking for a bit of inspiration.
Episode 88 - Emma Gooderham
Released: Wednesday 14th September 2011
IAU World Trophy 50km Champion Emma Gooderham told us all about her inspirational rise throug the elite ranks of British and now World running, Chris Jones popped in to tell us everything we needed to know about iron levels and giving blood, Martin and Tom raved about the amazing motivation station and their brand spanking new podcast 'the parkrun show'.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been... Checking out Sewerby parkrun, hanging at the Motivation Station, and launching new podcasts!
- Martin's been... parkrun PB'ing, running into railings, and doing it for the kids HERE
- We have launched the parkrun show... listen to episode one HERE.
- Well done to Tom's ex-student George Howard, check out his website.
- Forbes Magazine's ten best first time marathons... here.
- Next week's Training Talk will be the Bondarenko Sessions, do your homework here.
14:12 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 8.6 from 68
- Britain rules the triathlon World... read more.
- Boston tightens up the entry requirements - official website
- World 100km Championships - read more
41:40 - Tony's Trials
- "Beep Test"
45:10 - Training Talk
- Nuffield Health's Lead Physiologist Chris Jones tells us all we need to know about Iron levels and donating blood.
- Download the entire interview with Chris Jones via THIS LINK
56:33 - Rant & Rave
- Gareth Irvine rants about windy conditions and raves about finish line glory!
57:20 - Interview - Emma Gooderham
- From a slow start just jogging round the block with her mates, Emma Gooderham is now the IAU 50k Champion taking victory in 3:17:30, an new World age best for over forties.
1:31:50 - Winner of the Week
- The one and only David Walliams!
1:33:35 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com/rateyourrun
- New Marathon Talk technical training tee and racing vest available very soon with the amazing support of adidas.
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here and click 'attending' to the races you're taking on. Also, to add your own marathons to the Marathon Talk Listener Launch Pad email us via firstname.lastname@example.org