Best run ever: a relaxed 14 miles to the Royal Surrey Hospital in Guildford, via the Wey Navigation, to see my amazing wife and day old daughter Rosie. Fabulous. Though I did get some odd looks from other mums and the medical staff on arrival!
Episode 89 - Dave Webb
Released: Wednesday 21st September 2011
As the only British male marathon runner to currently have the Olympic A standard Dave Webb is in pole position to qualify for London 2012, Tony dug out his video archive, Martin talked us through a session from his training archive, and Tom talked Great North running...
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been... Great North Running, North East parkrunning, and hanging with his Mum
- Martin's been... Running with Liz, not swimming, and doing it for the kids HERE
- Top ten ways to ruin your race (link)
- Check out Saltwell Harriers oldest road race in Britain (here)
- Caballo Blanco tours the UK (link)
- Brian Hock's Simple Hydration water bottle (link)
- Thanks to Daz Reevel for his brilliant poem :)
- 13:36 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 8.9 from 87
- Chicago announces super fast field (link)
- Galen Rupp shatters US 10,000m record and Bekele is back! (link)
- Refelctions from Rupp and Salazar (link)
- Both US all comers half marathon times fall in Philly (link)
- Mo win's Great North two mile race (link)
- Great North Run results (link)
- Berlin Marathon this weekend (link)
32:01 - Tony's Trials
- The original Great North Run Tony's Trials
34:54 - Training Talk
- The infamous Bondarenko track session!
43:00 - Rant & Rave
- Paul Richards rants about the BBC
- Andi Drake raves about race walking
44:30 - Interview - Dave Webb
- Leeds City's Dave Webb finished 15th overall at the World Marathon Championships in Deagu in therefore achieved the Team GB Olympic 'A' standard. Tom caught up with Dave to talk through that amazing performance and life as a busy working athlete
1:25:08 - Winner of the Week
- Running philanthropists - Nominated by Angie Whitworth-Pace
1:27:27 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com/rateyourrun
- New Marathon Talk technical training tee and racing vest available very soon with the amazing support of adidas.
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here and click 'attending' to the races you're taking on. Also, to add your own marathons to the Marathon Talk Listener Launch Pad email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Best run ever: a relaxed 14 miles to the Royal Surrey Hospital in Guildford, via the Wey Navigation, to see my amazing wife and day old daughter Rosie. Fabulous. Though I did get some odd looks from other mums and the medical staff on arrival!31st March 2012 03:54:24
You have to be logged in to comment on this post
Marathon Talk Clothing from Sweatshop
Please remember to use code 'MTALK26' when you order your Marathon Talk clothing through Sweathsop. This will help support the show.