Marathon Talk: Privacy Statement
Marathon Talk is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Marathon Talk Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the Marathon Talk website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
- Marathon Talk collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Marathon Talk also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
- There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Marathon Talk. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Marathon Talk for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Marathon Talk Web site.
- Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Marathon Talk public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Marathon Talk does not read any of your private online communications.
- Marathon Talk encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Marathon Talk so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Marathon Talk is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Marathon Talk and Marathon Talk family of Web sites.
Use of your Personal Information
- Marathon Talk collects and uses your personal information to operate the Marathon Talk Web site and deliver the services you have requested. Marathon Talk also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Marathon Talk and its affiliates. Marathon Talk may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Marathon Talk does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Marathon Talk may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Marathon Talk may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Marathon Talk, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Marathon Talk does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- Marathon Talk keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Marathon Talk, in order to determine what Marathon Talk services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Marathon Talk to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- Marathon Talk Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Marathon Talk or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Marathon Talk; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Marathon Talk, or the public.
- The Marathon Talk Web site use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Marathon Talk pages, or register with Marathon Talk site or services, a cookie helps Marathon Talk to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Marathon Talk Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Marathon Talk features that you customized.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Marathon Talk services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
- Marathon Talk secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Marathon Talk secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Changes to this Statement
- Marathon Talk will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Marathon Talk encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Marathon Talk is protecting your information.
- Marathon Talk welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Marathon Talk has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Marathon Talk here.